Systemair AB develops, manufactures and markets high-quality ventilation products. Systemair targets long-term sustainable, environment-friendly and profitable development for customers and society at the same time.
- Short CV
- Been working for Systemair group since 1989
- 13 years of Technical Manager for Systemair Group
- 10 years of Laboratory Manager for Systemair AB including building two laboratories for developing ventilation products
- 3 years of Quality Manager for Systemair AB including building a quality insurance system according to ISO 9001
- 5 years of project manager for Systemair AB including building a project management system for Systemair group
- Member in standardization committee for CEN
- Chairman for Eurovent Certification program RAHU
- Member of SIS (Swedish Standard Institute) technical advice board
- University Engineer in Control engineering technology
CIAT Recherche & Innovation; Qualité des Ambiances Intérieures
CIAT specializes in IAQ. Its main objectives are to simulate the installation and operation of equipment in real environments and evaluate the impact on the comfort and health of the occupants.
- Short CV
I was born in 1965.
After an initial training of thermal specialist (University Joseph Fourier, IUT1, Génie Thermique et Energie, Grenoble, France) and of industrial refrigeration (Institut Français du Froid Industriel-CNAM – Paris, France), I began my professional experience at the Direction of Research of Electricité de France (EDF), at “Les Renardières”, near Paris.
I joined the CIAT Company’s R&D Department in 1990, to develop and optimize the thermal, ventilation and acoustical performances of a large range of equipments like Air Handling Units, Fan Coil Units and many types of Chillers.
In 2002, I decided to redirect my carrier to the trades of Comfort and IAQ.
My mission was to increase the knowledge of the group on the different types of pollutants (chemical, biological and particulate matter), acquire competence on the specific metrology of this field and of course to develop new technologies and products to improve IAQ in buildings.
Today, Comfort and IAQ are two of the three main strategy targets of CIAT with energy saving.
All energy-consumer systems are nothing without sensors and control.
Chemical sensors are already essential for the IAQ management, and it will be impossible to do without in the future.
I'm very proud to participate, through the Advisory Board, to this beautiful technological adventure that represents the SENSIndoor project. I wish a total success to the consortium.
Prof. Eduardo de Oliveira Fernandes
IDMEC-Faculdade de Engenharia Universidade de Porto (IDMEC-FEUP)
IDMEC is a non-profit private Association founded by Instituto Superior Técnico - Technical University of Lisbon (IST) and Faculdade de Engenharia – Universidade do Porto(FEUP).
IDMEC will merge in the near future with a brother Institute (INEGI – Institute of Science and Technology on Mechanical Engineering) also associated to FEUP and from 31st December 2014 it will become INEGI.
- Short CV
- PhD on Applied Sciences from the Federal Institute of Technology (Lausanne, Switzerland) in 1973
- Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, Portugal (1975-2013), he was responsible for courses (graduation, MSc and PhD) on Mechanical engineering, Building Thermal Performance, Indoor Air Quality, Climatisation (Heating, Cooling and Air Conditioning) and Energy for over 30 years
- Devoted the last 40 years of his career to teaching, research, consulting and public activities on various topics related to energy and environment. Founder of a RTD group on Building Thermal Physics with major pioneering activities in Portugal on Solar Technologies and Thermal Behaviour of Buildings, Indoor Air Quality, Energy and Environment in the Urban Space and Energy Planning at the Regional and Urban Levels
- He is currently the IDMEC’s Director and the scientific coordinator of the IDMEC’s Unit of R&D on Energy and Built Environment
Dr. Martin Zimmermann
Siemens Building Technologies
Energy efficiency, safety and security in buildings
The Building Technologies Division of Siemens (Zug, Switzerland) is the world leader in the market for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. As trusted technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product vendor, Building Technologies has offerings for fire safety and security as well as building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management. In organizational terms, Building Technologies is part of Siemens Switzerland Ltd.
- Short CV
- Engineer (Dipl.-Ing.) in Microsystems Engineering (University of Freiburg, Germany)
- PhD in Physics (University of Basel, Switzerland) in 2007.
- 3 years at IBM Research GmbH (Rüschlikon, Switzerland) working on microfluidics.
- Since 2007 he is working for Siemens in different roles as R&D Engineer, Project Manager and currently as Senior Technology Expert Sensors dealing with upcoming sensor technologies for comfort and fire safety applications in buildings.
- Member of sensor working group of the European Building Automation Controls Association (eu.bac)